Racist Black judge rejects plea deal for "white boy"

A black judge from western Pennsylvania rejected a plea agreement for a man accused of fighting with police during a traffic stop, saying it was "a ridiculous plea that only goes to white boys."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39536917/ns/us_news/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Is anyone surprised that racism knows no color? Racist is racist, stupid is stupid!

And the beer comment? Well, Obama had nothing to do with that either until he tried to "fix it" you can love or hate Obama and still see the humor in that remark.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• He should have made the ruling ON FACTS and NOT accepted the plea agreement (if that is what he felt was acceptable) without the biased commentary.... What an ass.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• "Now that the court has essentially called me a racist, I think that's unfair. I don't make offers based on race. I make offers based on facts," Catanzarite said, according to the Tribune-Review.

Williams later recused himself from the case, and a white judge accepted the plea agreement for 24-year-old Jeffery McGowan.

This is disgusting.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I wonder if the Pres. will have him over for a beer?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Cripes, it would have been worth it to 'me' to stand up and say 'Your Bigoted Honor' and deal with the contempt charges.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• His race should never have come up in a court of law. That's ridiculous. Reject or accept the plea, but racist comments from a judge are stupid.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 9:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I hate that "white boy" remark. its as bad as saying "black boy". Labels are demeaning.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• LOL...it flew so high the wind didn't even blow her hair!!

I think the judge should hand in his resignation. I wouldn't be surprised if this case is appealed and his past cases reviewed for racism.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It was a joke, sweet.....Funny on Obama meddling in local level affairs, being WRONG, then covering it up with a beer summit.... Wheeeew.. Did you hear that?.It just went over your head... ;oP
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Okay
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010