does anyone know what it is called when a womans body won't produce enough breast milk?

and how i might be able to increase my milk so i can breast feed my baby?

nene04

Asked by nene04 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go to a brest feeding group if you don't get enough answers! But I read about drinking a beer, something about the yeast in it, you have to pump and dump the first time, then I think you are good. Google it and see what you get.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 11:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Dried up? Sorry, couldn't resist. Some women just don't produce enough milk. You may need to supplement with formula. I think there is also a natural remedy (tea or something) that helps. I'm not sure about the beer. I heard that, but also heard it's a myth. I didn't notice much difference. I didn't have the problem of not being able to produce, I just didn't produce enough to pump (maybe 1oz in 45min if I was lucky...total from both). I also heard that was common. I get jealous when I hear women can get 8oz in a sitting. As the mom above mentioned, definitely check out one of the breastfeeding groups (they are great) also check out WWW.LLLI.ORG or Kellymom.com (I think that's the site).
    Jesstsilly

Answer by Jesstsilly at 1:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Try going to a all natural health store. There is a product that places like "Mother Nature" carry that you drink and helps you to produce milk. I did w/my 1st child. It is like drinking a hot licorice tea, it worked for me.
    BethElaine

Answer by BethElaine at 3:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2008