Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone know what it is called when a womans body won't produce enough breast milk?

and how i might be able to increase my milk so i can breast feed my baby?

Answer Question

Asked by nene04 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Go to a brest feeding group if you don't get enough answers! But I read about drinking a beer, something about the yeast in it, you have to pump and dump the first time, then I think you are good. Google it and see what you get.

    Answer by Simonsmama at 11:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • Dried up? Sorry, couldn't resist. Some women just don't produce enough milk. You may need to supplement with formula. I think there is also a natural remedy (tea or something) that helps. I'm not sure about the beer. I heard that, but also heard it's a myth. I didn't notice much difference. I didn't have the problem of not being able to produce, I just didn't produce enough to pump (maybe 1oz in 45min if I was from both). I also heard that was common. I get jealous when I hear women can get 8oz in a sitting. As the mom above mentioned, definitely check out one of the breastfeeding groups (they are great) also check out WWW.LLLI.ORG or (I think that's the site).

    Answer by Jesstsilly at 1:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

  • Try going to a all natural health store. There is a product that places like "Mother Nature" carry that you drink and helps you to produce milk. I did w/my 1st child. It is like drinking a hot licorice tea, it worked for me.

    Answer by BethElaine at 3:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.