2 days in hospital! yuck!

Wednesday morning I started contractions. We went to the doc who said I wasn't dilating so we needed to stop them lest we have a premie. Our Thursday ultrasound told us that even though baby is big, the majority of my size is fluid build up .They did give us a small freak out saying that they THINK that he may have fluid blockage in his bowels...I hope this is not the case! We ended up staying two days, and are now thankfully back at home. They gave me pills to take every four hours to make sure the contractions don't come back. Not taking any chances, sitting down, propping feet up and all that jazz. I went ahead and just started my leave...working that much was probably what caused the pre-term labor in the first place. Things should be ok, doc said if it happens again in the next three weeks, we're going to try to stop the contractions because baby is better off developing in me than in an incubator. Wish us luck!

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Good luck sweetie I hope nothing bad happens Ill be praying for you.
    Dorriansmom1984

Answer by Dorriansmom1984 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Good luck! I was in the same boat as you. They gave me breathine for a month to stop the contractions, and luckily, it worked! So relax and let everyone do everything for you!! It's worth the healthy baby in the end!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Good luck, i hope that everything turns out for the best.... praying for you...
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 10:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• good luck i will b praying 4 u
    mrs.dewberry01

Answer by mrs.dewberry01 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Good Luck! I've also had 2 pre-labor scares so I know how you feel. Take care of yourself and that baby!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 10:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• glad your ok relax now so you can save your strength
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Good Luck! Enjoy your nice rest.
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 12:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008