Hard Time Going to Bed @ Night

My DS is 2 1/2 and naps 2 hours daily but has a hard time going to bed at night. I have tried to take away the naps but he is a walking nightmare and can't make it past 5:00. He will spend hours awke in his room reading. WHich is fine but then there are nights he will scream and cry that he wants me or Daddy, he's hungry, he has to go potty etc. I just ignore him because I feel like it is a game but it makes out evenings stressful. Any thoughts?

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm sure this has been suggested to you already, but do you have a routine? My 2 babies, age 1 and 2, wake from naps typically between 3 and 3:30. Then bedtime for the 1 yr old is 8 and the 2 yr old 8:30...now. I am slowly getting the 2 yr old to bed at 8:15. It used to be 9, but anyways. From about 5:30 on it's the same routine, we eat dinner at the table. All meals at the table. Then we all play in or outside until about 7. Then it is bath time. Snack after bath, cereal or something light. Then an episode of Jack's Big Music show is on while we look at booksand eat snack on the floor. Then while I take 8-10 minutes putting the baby down I put Fresh Beat Band on for the 2 yr old, then I sit and hold him while he watches the rest of it. Then it's bathroom, read 2 books while sitting in his bed with him. Turn lights out and sing a song and say a prayer, leave the room after that. I do play soothing music and run a box fan too.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes..we have a schedule..always have since he was an infant...
    coolchic320

Comment by coolchic320 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My 2.5 year old daughter is the same way. We hope it is just a phase that she will outgrow. Sorry I cannot be of more help...
    RebeccaAxeRosa

Answer by RebeccaAxeRosa at 10:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010