Crayon?

So i want to make little shaped crayons for my kids classes for halloween instead of sending candy, do anyone know of a good mold to use for crayons, i found somewhere to buy the colors i need in bulk so i plan on just doing orange, white, purple and black maybe pumpkin, cat, bat, skull, ghost, witch and boo maybe, i found a few chocolate candy mold but i didnt know if there were some small silicone ones that would work, they dont need to be big at all maybe just hold 2 tablespoons of crayon. these are pre-k kids any suggestions

swaney06

Asked by swaney06 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Any kind of mold you can put in the oven should work. You can also make our own with old crayons, just break them up.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• sorry, I can't really answer your question, but just wanted to say I think this is an awesome idea! :) sounds fun too.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 8:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I dunno I always used muffin cups to make reeses cup looking crayons out of the old broken ones. Put broken crayons int he cupa and bake at 250 until melted through cool then peel of the paper.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Have you checked the baking aisle(s) at Michaels or Hobby Lobby?
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 9:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I use wilton cup cake molds for crayons. there are also Tart molds that you can use. And now at Hobby lobby they have Silicon molds. But what you are doing is totally cool and the kids will Love them! Oh the other type i use are found at Michaels/hobby lobby for different type of Soap molds.
    pumpkindreams

Answer by pumpkindreams at 7:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• IDK but that's a cool idea. Let me know how it works out. I have a kindergartner. I might try it for Easter.

horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 5:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Oh, Dollar Tree had little silicone molds but idk if you can put them in oven. I think they were to make ice cubes.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 5:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• thanks forgot about dollar tree
    swaney06

Comment by swaney06 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2010