Online dating, have you ever been duped? Becareful my friend got robbed!

My Friend got robbed with her "eyes wide shut"Apparently, this dude put up a serious front. He made it seem like he was the man of her dreams, nice car, job, spent time (eventually) said the L word. I was suspicious all along, just had a funny vibe.
Time passed, nothing really significant happened.
Like months had passed and I figured all is good. I get a call in the middle of the night. He was in jail, huh? what?
Well, this con artist, secretly open credit cards in her name. I'm talking big ones, AMEX, Citibank all kinds, and he maxed em out. Thousands of dollars. I didn't believe it...to make matters worst, he also had her son's information (a child) The cops found all the items in his car.
This is the short version of the story.
Lesson: never sleep with your eyes "wide shut"

websavvy1
http://nearnew.ecrater.com/

websavvy1

Asked by websavvy1 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I never online date..
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• the same caution used in real life also needs to be used online. lots of crooks out there. i hope your friend does not let this one crook ruin her dating life.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I met my husband online. You do have to be more careful because it's easier to lie on the internet than it is to lie in person, but online dating can be a good way to meet people!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I am always wary of people I meet online...and really careful not to let anyon have my information, or my children's!
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm married but I have a couple of friends that do it. My other friend (which is a male) almost got duped by 2 women! Honestly speaking, he is a little gullible, and I think he sent one of the two women money. However, he said he got really suspicious when the one of the two asked for 2grand and the other one asked for 500 bucks for a business venture(mind you) these chicks are located in other countries. I was like HELLO? It got so bad, I was textin him on his email account, one of the chicks had access to his account, she was textin me back like it was him! I asked how did she get access to your account, he said he gave it to her. WTH!!!are u freaking nuts! I tried not to be too hard on him but I had to let him have it, especially when we have people warning us about this type of thing.

websavvy1
    http://nearnew.ecrater.com/
    websavvy1

Comment by websavvy1 (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Never did the internet dating ...wow sad...
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I've online dated before, that's how I met my husband. I also had a boyfriend I met through online dating before I met my husband. We were together for three years. So not all of the guys on the internet are creeps, but I do agree that you should very cautious and extremely careful when online dating. Someone can totally fool you and lie to you about so many things.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I've internet dated and married a man I met from the internet. I'm sorry for your friend.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2010