"Wicked"

So I just finished "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire. I"ve heard rave reviews about it, it's now a musical and from what I hear a soon to be movie. I wasn't all that impressed :(. I got it, the irony, the whole other side, but it hurt my brain a little lol. I read, A LOT! Am I the only one that prefers an easier read? Something I don't have to think about, at least not to the point were I'm trying to pronounce at least one word per sentence! I can appreciate everyones idea of a good book, to each her own. Just wanted to see if I'm the weird one out there! :)

cmorbeauty

Asked by cmorbeauty at 8:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• It was to political for me. I liked parts of it but then parts of it were not a good fit for my reading style. My husband loved it and it's sequel.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I haven't read that one, but I know what you mean. I am an avid reader, but I do it for pleasure, not to give myself a headache...LOL
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I've downloaded it to my nook, but I haven't started it yet. Working on the Vampire Academy series right now.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I actually enjoyed the read. There were some words that I had to get a dictionary out for but I enjoyed the read. I also saw the musical few months ago & it was so worth it. Even my SO who thought it would be crappy since it was a muscial really enjoyed it. I recommend it to anyone who is an avid reader.
    im23vaughn

Answer by im23vaughn at 8:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I read it a few years ago. It had it's good parts, but it was too politically motivated for me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Haha, I loved it. I've read the whole series so far. He's my favorite. :)

The other books by him - like Mirror Mirror and Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, from what I remember, are easier reads.

I'm just a geek, though. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I guess I'm wierd. I never found the book hard to read at all.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010