Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

what do i do?

Monday night my now ex-fiance decided to walk out on me and my kids after 2 years. My boys only knew him as dad. We had been having issues with him not working, playing video games all day, drinking heavily, and smoking pot. He's on probation and cant be using drugs, which was a huge issue for me. He pressed charges on me for throwing away items that he'd left strewn about the house....and now i have a misdemeanor charge for injury to personal property. I've never had a record, not even a speeding ticket. I've been having so much stress because he's even gone as far as to tell our neighbors lies about me, and with the aid of his parents (who've always disliked me) trying to get CPS called on me. I was told I would be sued over our communal property that we both bought, but I'm the only one that made the payments on because he had no job. My boys are scared because of the cops he brought here and now wont sleep in their beds.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • OP Here......My boys keep asking for dad....and I'm sitting here at a loss of what to do.....I've hired an attorney because I've never had any legal problems.....what do I do? Can anyone give me any helpful advice for me and my boys?

    Answer by LynnB1 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Sounds like this guy is taking all his agrue out on you and the children. He needs to be a man and leave what happened between you two between YOU TWO. For his family butting there nose in where it doesn't belong they need to be told by you or him that they need to mind there own business. It was you two in the relatonship not you, him and his family.

    Answer by raemommy at 8:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • the hell with him you show the courts that he has had no job demand a drug test on him (you can do this) and say he sold the things for money to maintain his drug use...if you say that they will have him drug tested right there and his f***ed...girl if he hits you with a low blow hit back wtf your kids need you...

    Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • If he wants to play games I would call his probation officer and tell him his doing drugs.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • I would say that hiring an attorney was the best thing you did. This guy sounds like he is going to use any method possible to try to make your life impossible. Listen to your attorney, and make sure he is a caring attorney that will always be a phone call away in case this guy tries to do anything crazy. GL Mama!

    Answer by Luisa621 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

  • Well, if he's on drugs and on probation, you have a better chance of convincing the judge that the items you threw away were dangerous for your household...I know you're scared but hiring an attorney, like another mom said, was the best thing you could do for yourself...and by the way, count your blessings that he's gone, he sounds like a total loser.

    Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

  • The one thing I can give you advice on is property you've made payments on. Get credit card, check card and checks to prove you made the payments. As for cps, just do what's right (which I'm sure you already are) and they can't touch you. Having him in your home with all his issues is the one thing they could take your children! Just reassure your boys that all is well and try really hard to keep things normal and steady for them. And don't let his rantings scare you, as long as you are on the up and up there isn't much he can do.

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

  • Ladies thank you so much for your advice, and your incredible thoughts. It makes me feel as though I don't have any friends close by, that I do have people via cafemom who will point me in the right direction. Thank you your thoughts mean the world to me!

    Answer by LynnB1 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.