is it ok to give motrin when ur 15 month old is sick if tylenol doesnt work

jomama2467

Asked by jomama2467 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• When mine get fever I alternate Tylenol and Motrin... did you read the label? I don't remember the ages on it. I did Tylenol, then two hours later Id do Motrin...

You could also get a rag and wet it with cool water and wipe her down, head to toe... that helps bring the temp down. Has she been to the doc?
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Motrin is ok after 6 months. Alternating every 2 hours is great for high fevers, but I wouldn't do it for more that 24 hours.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes. you can alternate them to. giving one or the other every 3 hours. so Tylenol every 6 and Motrin every 6.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yep, we gave motrin for my baby when he was under a year old....per doctors orders
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• BEST Thing I could tell you.Check with your doctor (they are on call) he will tell you the correct dosage and how to work with the two meds. So the answer is yes, but vital that you call your doctor first, then experiment with the kid, LOL. Im just kidding but serious about calling the doctor first. Good luck
    websavvy1

Answer by websavvy1 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• big time yes..... i've even been told to alternate with motrin and tylonal every four hours too..... it's worked great for my son.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Agree with websavvy1
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It's ok for that age, but what exactly are you giving it for? To reduce a fever? Sure. Just because he's sick? Nah.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2010