Have you ever done your kids homework for them?

I did today for the first time. We had a really busy evening and the teacher sent home extra work. I figure once in a blue moon wont hurt and sometimes the teacher sends home homework passes for good behavior.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Nope.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i have yet to do mine.... but i have done others for them.... just for the hell of it.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes i have but its not something i do all the time just when need be...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Uh, no, that would be wrong.  My mom used to do that crap from my brother.  He barely passed several grades and when he got in the upper ones he really struggled because he couldn't handle the workload without my mom pitching in and doing some it for him.  He sure didn't learn anything except if he screwed around long enough my mom would do his spelling words for him because it was bedtime.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• NO
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I use to help my younger BIL n SIL but I never just did it for them...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nope, even more so after watching a friend to her daughters homework all the time. Now she cant barely read or write. My son does his own homework. How else is he going to learn?

I'll help all day long if I have too, but Im not about to do it for him.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nope.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would never do my child's HW for them. That teaches them NOTHING!
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I haven't and I won't. Homework is assigned to reinforce concepts learned in the classroom. If I'm doing the work, my child isn't getting that extra practice. I will answer questions. I will re-explain concepts they aren't getting. I will help them brainstorm. I won't do the work for them.

My SIL did her daughter's math homework for her. Neice HATEs the subject and kept 'running out of time' to do it. The result of this? My neice failed 7th grade math, barely passed other subjects and was told it was summer school or another year in 7th. Doing her homework for her did her no favors.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010