flu shot 15 month old yes or no

jomama2467

Asked by jomama2467 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I did. I was on the fence when he was a year old then There was article in our paper about a child dying from the flu so I decided even though the chances were slim I would go ahead and get it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i'd say yes.... just don't do the flu with the swin at the same time it could really get them ill....
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i said NO because only time i get sick is when i do take the shot. and im lucky we where all safe frm the flu so far
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 8:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The flu shot this year already has the H1N1 vaccine in it. It is all one shot.
    I had my son get it several weeks ago at his 15 month check up.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If it was my child no way.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my girls are 5 and 2.5 and they have been getting the flu shot since they were 6 months old I have gotten it since I was pregnant with my youngest and m y DH got it last year his work made him because of the swine flu not sure why since he is a machanic and he only got that shot he didn't get the Swine flu shot. I plan on getting all of us the flu shot again this year
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• does your child spend alot of time with other children? When my oldest 2 were little we stayed home most of the time, so I did not bother. But now those 2 are in school, and I have a 2 yr old, and they will all get it bc the risk of flu is higher for us now.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Does he has a history of getting resperatory illnesses? Has he ever had any wheezing with a previous chest cold, or prolonged coughing attacks? Any other health problems? If he has not had issues with bad chest colds, bronchitis, or pre-asthma symptoms, then he probably doesn't need it. If he HAS had any of these issues, there is a high probablity that he would benefit from the flu shot.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I say it's personal choice.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It is your decision. I would get it if he is exposed to other people a lot like if he goes to day care or is in the church nursery often or if he has a greater chance of complications from the flu. If he is mostly home and otherwise healthy I probably wouldnt but it is still your personal choice. My daughter has a week immune system so everyone in our family gets one because it could be very bad if she were to get the flu. I do however not recommend getting the flu mist.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010