Question for those who know about the military's divorce "policies"

A man in the military has legal seperation papers, but the divorce IS NOT FINAL. He gets involved with a woman, that is not his wife, and the woman gets pregnant by him. Are there consequences for the man? If so, what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• No since they are legally separated
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• he can get thrown out of the military my ex husband was in the army...a lot of times the military don't even get involve they cant get involve with custody and when you divorce and have kids you need to do a custody agreement...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My dh is in the marines.. He can be charged with adultery because the divorce is not final. an NJP Non-judicial punishment.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It must depend on what branch your in. When I filed for separation from my husband the JAG lawyer told me once the separation is legal my husband is free to sleep with who ever he wants ad even move in with a woman if he chooses.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The United Code of Military Justice is all the SAME
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Not United -- Uniform

typo =]
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yeah it is still considered adultry until the divorce is final. But some units dont really care unless it is drawn to their attention.
    conweis

Answer by conweis at 12:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010