my son.....

He is making me so nuts. What can I do to get him to actually listen to his teachers lessons on school??? We have trouble getting any information about what he learned in school at our dinnertime family meeting. We ask each child to tell us one thing they learned in each of their classes that day and HE plays so dumb...grrrrr...it is like pulling teeth from an alligator! LOL

Does anyone have issues with their tweens and talking about school? If so what do you do to get info? If not How!!!!!

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 9:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I used to have this problem, but then I read an article that suggested asking specific questions. "What did you do in Reading today?" "What are you working on in Science" "What game did you play in gym?". That way they can narrow it down and not just be overwhelmed thinking of the entire day.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My son has short term memory loss and doesn't always remember what happened in school, so I do have to prod more than I might with my older son. I agree with layh - try asking the questions in a more specific manner - that helps with my son.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree with what layh41407 said - that sounds like a great idea!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Try to step back a bit. Sounds like he's trying for a taste of independence. Also, I agree that you should be more specific with you questions.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• lol i had the same isue with my then 7 yr old till he was 8 nd i was also GRRRRRR but hey his grades were good,nd i was going to his school every friday :) lol
    ivette0423

Answer by ivette0423 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2010