birth control

I do not want anymore children (I have two boys) my husband however does not feel comfortable with permanent birth control right now because we are young, I am 23 he is 25. He can't say in his heart that he doesn't want anymore children in the future. I have gotten pregnant on birth control twice and cannot afford to get Mirena (as of right now we have no health insurance). I am afraid to take the pill, patch, or anything because I am afraid it will get me pregnant. I have low progesterone levels and most birth controls contain it. We cannot use condoms b/c my husband has a latex allergy. I am obviously not going to go w/o sex I love it too much lol. My question is do you think I should try taking a pill atleast then we are covered or should we just use the pull out method?? IDK what to do.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 9:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I have used the pull oput myth for 10.5 years and haven't gotten pregnant and both kids were planned and we are trying to get pregnant now. I new from the start there is still a chance though we just said if it happens it happens we didn't really care if it did or didn't. But if you know for a fact you don't want another right now I wouldn't do the pullout I would use a condom or a pill of some kind
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Personally i had an issue with the pills making me sick and remembering to take them on time...sooo i would say the shot could be an option for you...you only have to pay for it every 3 months..and in my area its like 120.00 bucks...lasts long enough and theres nothing for you to remember?!?!? Just a thought....GL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I can't do the shot...it makes me suicidal...seriously it messes with me no joke. My ob won't even discuss it with me
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Rather than the pull-out method, you could learn Natural Family Planning. Basically you learn the rythyms of your body, when you ovulate, when you can get pregnant and abstain a few days a month.....I won't lie, it can be confusing at first, but can be a good option for you, especially if you have a regular cycle and are healthy. You can do a google search to learn about it. A lot of Catholics use it, and people who are into "natural" living and don't want to put chemicals in their bodies or get permanantly fixed. Another thing to look into is for your husband to have a vascectomy that is reversable.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• they have latex free condoms, there is a female contraceptive called VCF, there is natural family planning by keeping track of your cycles...lost of other options. If you really want Mirena or another IUD you could check out planned parenthood, I am not sure if they do the IUD's or not but they use your income to determine how much you pay. Mirena is also hormone based though so if you have gotten pregnant in the past on birth control it may not be a good option...you would have to look into that, there is a copper IUD that does not contain hormones though.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Pull out for now I guess. Then, when you get insurance get an IUD. GL
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• what about the depo-provera shot?
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Pull out is pregnant. get the nuvo ring.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i can't do the shot..makes me suicidal and the nuvo ring has hormones in it...will get me preggers :( this sucks. I will have to try the no latex condoms and see if they work..never used them b4. going to talk to hubby about the family planning,,sounds like a good idea 4 us...thanks
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have the Mirena in. Have you tried your local planned parenthood? They offer BC for free or sliding scale. The mirena is 1200 to put in but my insurance pd for it 100%.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010