Lots of gay questions on here today....what do you all think of bi-sexuals then?

I haven't been on CM in some time. And just reading through the questions I see a lot of questions pertaining to homosexuality or being gay and sin, is it a choice or are you born that way....
So what if you are bi-sexual? Or you are married but prefer sex with a woman? Or even are married but have a girlfriend you engage with? That's a choice, being with a man and a woman...so what does that mean?
To me, I try not to judge anyone for how they live (in this aspect, because my hubby and I have a lot of gay friends, few lesbians). I judge people on how they treat ME. I just don't think what ever God is out there really wishes for people to suffer such harsh ridicule from others. Who are we to judge, isn't He the higher judge in the end??

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I agree with Freela - sexuality is a continuum, and most people are more towards the straight side. A lot of people are all they way over on the gay side. But there are LOTS of us who live somewhere along the way between straight and gay, and I don't see how you can call some people ok and some people sinners when you have no real way of defining what they even are. Just because you THINK someone is straight doesn't make it so. Most people I know think I am straight. I'm not as straight as my current life situation might imply, though I am very happy to be married to a man. So anyone who thinks they can judge me or anyone else is sadly misinformed about the whole subject.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think we do ourselves a disservice when we divide human sexuality into two polar extremes: straight, gay, or bi. I really think it's more of a continuum, with someone who is ONLY EVER attracted to opposite sex partners on one end, and someone who is ONLY EVER attracted to same sex partners on the other end. I think the majority of people fall somewhere in between, whether they are actively bisexual and have sex with people of either sex, or whether they simply have had 'girl crushes' in the past.
    I'll be honest here... I would identify myself as straight, and have only been with men, but have certainly been bi-curious in regards to certain women in the past. And my great unrequited love in life was with a gay man... we both admitted that the attraction was there, but it would never work because he was predominantly attracted to men and I was kind of an anomaly. Sexuality is more flued that we give credit for.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think I am Bi and love it... I wouldn't want it any other way. If anything I believe we are all Bi, we simply don't identify that way because we are taught if you're attracted to the same sex in ANY way, you're wrong, you're dirty, you're sinful... I honestly believe we will see a HUGE surge in the amount of Bisexual persons over the next decade as more and more of my generation has children and continues to expound on the idea that it's simply best to embrace who you are rather than teach hatred and anger based on sexuality...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't think it is any more a choice than being homosexual. Love is love.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• They have the best of both worlds, and I am no one to judge.

Answer by older at 9:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• "There's also emotional sickness too"
    So, since I have a physical attraction to both males AND females, that somehow makes me emotionally sick? That's a new one!
    And, since I myself am bi, I know I was born this way and have no problem with it. I get the best of both worlds! lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• its whatever if you like men then go for that if you like women then go for that if you like both then hey have both...whatever makes you happy =) your life your choice
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I love me.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Exactly Freela and Sabrina. I will admit it. I have had "girl crushes" too. This may sound weird but if my husband had been a woman, I know I would have fell in love reguardless. Does that make any sense?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We bisexual people are lucky, because we get the best of both worlds. Our hearts are so full of love that we want to share it with both genders. With that said, I also believe that once you're in a committed relationship, you cannot be with the other gender simply because you are attracted to both. The rules of monogamy still apply.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2010