My teen daughter isn't interested in boys?

I am shocked but my 14 yr old daughter said she is not interested in guys, girls, or any romantic anything. While all of her friends are talking about this guy they like or this girl they like she is blank...lol...
I want her to experience the whole first love thing but then again I don't.
When was your first real crush in high school, middle school, or grade school? and how old were you?

I was 13 in 8th grade and in love with a guy named Raymond. We went to every dance together from 8th grade to my sophmore yr in HS and then his family moved away. :[

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 9:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• It could be that she is interested, but shy about talking about it. I remember once overhearing my mom tell someone that I wasn't interested in boys yet (I was 13), and I was surprised to hear that because I had been interested in boys ever since I was old enough to tell the difference! I just never told her about it! LOL!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• So....the problem is......
    Your daughter is smart. She should be concentrating on school and grades and not first loves.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I like mommy of two's answer...

Be glad.... But just remember she'll find someone!!! & when she does you'll miss these days.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree. It's great she has other interest right now. She can concentrate on school and other things.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yeah I guess LOL...I just am use to my oldest and her bf after bf month after month...I am bf withdrawals LMFAO
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• **I am having bf withdrawals LOL

4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Anna you could be right! never thought about that :]
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I was like that. I had a ton of friends, guys and girls. I was not interested in who liked who and does he like me. I was just hanging out and having fun with all my friends. I had my first real relationship my senior year of HS. I dated here and there before then but nothing too serious. Enjoy it while it lasts, sooner or later she will be boy crazy and driving you nuts.lol
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i met my first love in 9th grade when i was 14. before then i had crushes but never told my mom. i was embarassed to tell her about him for the longest too lol, we were eachother's first everything so it was awkward and new for both of us. dont worry, hers is awaiting and soon you will be dealing with teenage angst and heartache. =[
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have two daughters and one has had a boy friend since she was born. I swear since kindergarten. She started dating at 16. My other daughter is almost 17 and has never held hands with a boy, been on a date or kissed a boy.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2010