What is sex? adult content

What does the religions of the world and their sacred texts and principals say about what sex is?

Not what sex is prohibited....but what sex is.

What is sex?

isabellalecour

Asked by isabellalecour at 9:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't think I have ever heard of a religion giving a definition of sex.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The book of Solomon (Song of Solomon) in the bible describes sex as something very beautiful between a man and a woman who love each other very much. And Paul in the New Testament tells husbands and wives not to keep sex from one another.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The ONLY Ancient text I know of that really goes in to any detail about what sex is or how to do it is the Kama Sutra and to be honest, I didn't find much in there which was off limits... But to get in to great detail would make way to many of these women blush! lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Well... Being raised Hindu.. We have no issues (from a religious point of view) in regards to sex. Sex is sacred. Sex is openly displayed in carvings in Temples that are thousands of years old. Sex is a spritual and sacred. Even our God (Krishna in particular.. lol) have sex, and enjoy the carnal pleasures of the flesh. Some believe that sex is a way to connect with the divine, that in that sacred cosmic connection of man & woman, the divine can be seen/experienced. Sex is not something that you overtly rub in people's faces. But it isn't anything to be ashamed of either.

Sex is not taboo for Hindus. Sex is not dirty. Sex is not wrong. etc Sex is very much a part of life, and sex is a must in order to create new life. A lot of the "Morality" that has been tagged onto sex during the last century were due to the English/Christian, ideas of morality/sex/etc that were brought to India during the British rule.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• something between a married man and a married wife
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Sex is something that when done in the proper context is very beautiful and can be a very spiritual experience. Now, because sex is so spiritually uplifting, when done in the wrong way, it can be equally degrading.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• One of the greatest pleasures one can experience with themselves and/or any number of other people.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• the act of putting one's penis inside another one's vagina.
    Anonymous

Me either- I always assumed that the Biblical version was anything mean to stimulate another... JMO
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm not too sure.
    I'd like to know as well
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 10:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010