What chores do your children do? My children are 7,5,4,2.

Mostly for my 7,5 and 4 year old

cakestylist

Asked by cakestylist at 9:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• all my kids really do they are 5 and 2.5 they clean their own rooms, if they get toys out downstairs they have to put them away they have to bring me clothes from upstairs in all the rooms and bathroom. I am going to be teaching my 5 year old how to wash dishes well helping me wash them in the next month and then in the next couple weeks I am going to have her start helping me do laundry on the weekends when she isn't in school
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my 4 year old absolutely loves to help me around the house. i dont even ask her, the only thing she hates doing that i do ask her to do is clean up her toys. but when i'm doing dishes, she likes to wash and "make soup". when im doing laundry, she likes to help fold or help throw clothes in. when im cleaning surfaces, she likes to spray and wipe down. she is my little helper for sure! my 21 month old is totally opposite and loves cleaning up, she always says "peen up" and puts things away when she sees me and big sister tidying up.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• 6y/o- makes her own bed, puts her own clothing away-- sometimes sweep or dishes only 1 x a week

ds is 4 he emptys the utensils from the dish washer and puts his own toys away occasionally fixes the book shelf

really just picking up after themselves is all I ask-- and 1 or 2 'family' chores a week
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I only sweep, mop and wash their clothes. A boy 5 and girl 3, they put away their clothes, put away their toys, put dishes away and "fix" their beds. They have to! We are busy people, I can't do everything for them forever.
    LadyLotus

Answer by LadyLotus at 9:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My kids are 8 and 5. They bring their dirty laundry to the laundry room, DD-5, helps sort and put things in the washer, dryer, and baskets. They both put their own clothes away. They make their beds and pick up all their toys. They set or clear the table. We just started loading/unloading the dishwasher--I put most things away. They take turns vacuuming with a cordless, lightweight shark vacuum. Sometimes they want to help dust, and they always want to clean the windows, and my DS takes out the trash and sorts the recycles. Granted, they are learning so I usually have to do some redo's when they're not looking...LOL
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 10:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my girls are 8 6 4, they put their clothes away, clean their rooms, and the dishes.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• MY son foes the cat litter chore, The dog walk chore, The sometimes sweeping chore, The sometimes Dishes, and just mothers helper stuff also. He is the best!
    momson666

Answer by momson666 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I FORGOT....he helps with the laundry too..obviously he puts away ANYTHING and EVERYTHING he takes out...and makes the bed....:)
    momson666

Answer by momson666 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I FORGOT....he helps with the laundry too..obviously he puts away ANYTHING and EVERYTHING he takes out...and makes the bed....:) oh i spelled one thing wrong in last post. its does...not foes...lol..tiny key pad on phone here.
    momson666

Answer by momson666 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010