• In the Spotlight:

How much it costs to get pregnant with twins? And what the procedure?

I am not a mom, yet. And I want to have twins. I also know that's not that easy. What do I have to do??? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marina0383

Asked by Marina0383 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• There is no way you can have twins unless you are lucky to have one of your eggs split into two after fertilization ....there is no magic way to have twins, no procedure,not unless you want to do IVF. WHat do you mean by "WHat do I have to do?"
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• dumb
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Have sex and hope for the best.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• "its not that easy"........it's out of your control completely!
    Anonymous

• you can try to find a doctor who will prescribe you clomid which and maybe make you ovulate from both ovaries raising your chances at twins but it would be hard ot find one...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Dude you can only hope, and trust me, you don't want twins. I got twins right now and my stomache was HUGE byt 9 months, I was in agony and ended up c-section. lol, I do love them it was one boy one girl, but anyone out there that says they want twins, I tell them,"no you don't," lol
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• you know with twins you are almost certain a csection? not the best start for a new Mom
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• just be happy with what god gives you i have twins and love them very much it is very hard work not knowing if you will carrie them full term the pain of being pregnant is so bad and hope you have good ins because alot of twins are born with medical problems the cost of diapers and everything you have to get times two hope you have plenty of money we go threw 96 diapers in about 4 days maybe alittle less or alittle more depends on the boys one of my boys has medical problems and one of his appt cost 10 thousand so befor you try for twins make sure you have the funds for them good luck but like i said just be happy with what god gives you
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• There is no 'magic way' to have twins. There are fertility treatments that increase the likelihood of multiples, but they all have potential side effects, are not covered by insurance in the case of a person who is normally fertile, and come with no guarantees of how many babies (if any) will be conceived. You could implant five embryos and end up not having any stick, or you could implant two embryos and end up having them divide into quadruplets. No guarantees when it comes to baby-making... honestly, I would just be thankful to get what you get!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• There is no magic procedure to become pregnant with multiples. If you really think this is a possibility, I rather think you should take some parenting classes before you get pregnant. This kind of ignorance should not be raising kids.
    Anonymous