How do you deal with pets and newborns?

i have 3 dogs..and i just wanted to know how everyone handles having pets and newborns?

sam_ann

Asked by sam_ann at 9:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pets

• I had 3 cats. ( I know it's not hte same) DH brought a blanket The baby had been wrapped in home for them to smell while I was still in the hospital then we introduced them slowly.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i have 3 large house dogs and i didnt have any problems with the dogs and the baby..when she finally came home i sat on the floor with the dogs and held her..i just let them come up a sniff and figure things out..they have never offered to bother her shes now 8mnths old..she is used to the barks etc and acts as if she never hears them..she now trys to reach out and pet them and she grins every time they walk by...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• don't know I always had a dog and a cat and haven't had a problem with them
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yea the same thing with my babies and the dogs here. My youngest daughter(a twin 10 months) likes to follow our small dog named pocky around in the walker all the time. Now with my oldest when she was first born, I kept the only cat we had out of the room when she slept and then ontroduced them slowly. Now she likes to go after him and try to pull his tail(she is two). My son just likes to sit there and laugh at them all lol.(he is the other twin lol)
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I just introduced a dog into our home, it's an effort on both parts! If you want, I have a group made for moms who have dogs, its www.cafemom.com/groups/doggiestyle if you wanna find more help. :)
    MadaMHannaH

Answer by MadaMHannaH at 12:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Well i was told while i was prego to get a doll and bring it around my aunts dogs sences i was living with her and to hold the doll like a baby and just see what they do 1 of them who is 6'4 when standing on his back feet came up and licked its feet and the other dog who is pretty big and deaf turn around and rubbed her butt on the doll well when i finialy came home with my daughter YEP the big dog came up and licked her feet and the other one just looked at her and laid down it really depends on you how your animals will react if you stay calm and say its a baby be gental they ususaly will be an if your freak an scream every time the dog goes near the kid you will have a problem also if its normaly an inside door and you kick them out side bc of a kid they will relize its bc of the kid and you will have major problems bc of that any way i hope my advice helped
    myraclemommy

Answer by myraclemommy at 11:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2010