Ever had an abscess you had to have cut and drained??

OMG..,I'd rather be in labor(and i go 100% natural). And no..im not joking. I hate pain like this. My arm hurts so bad(its in my arm pit) and i cant hold my son or even get him to latch because i cant reach across myself..I cant wait for it to go away.

If you have had one, how long does it take to feel a little better? I am on antibiotics and meds for pain..Ive been on antibiotics for 2 days and pain meds just today after getting it drained....

Ouch!

tiger_tatted1

Asked by tiger_tatted1 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Health

• YES! i have had it done twice- and you are So Right, it was alot worse than labor! The pain was Unbearable before i had it cut & drained & during the procedure! Honestly, i felt a million times better right after but, b/c yours is in your armpit it is probably really tender- if you are still feeling bad tomorrow i would give your doctor a call- Hope you feel better soon!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Happy to say I haven't had that done. Hope your feeling better soon.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Thanks!
    tiger_tatted1

Comment by tiger_tatted1 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• my son had one on his butt and it took him about 4 days to start feeling better
    amy203

Answer by amy203 at 3:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• when i get spider bit {happens a lot in ga} i get them i lance them myself its easier but either way hurts but i feel like it hurts less when i do it..i feel better after it heals
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I didnt realize mine apparently is larger than most. I know better next time. I wont let it get like this. It was close to the size of a golf ball. And since i am breastfeeding they cant give me the strong meds they wanted to. I was switched to what they hope works. I am now having to change the packing/dressing at home now. My mom just did it. Its not anywhere near as painful but it sure doesnt feel good. I cant wait for it to be gone. I hate being on all these pills while im breastfeeding(pain and antibiotics).
    tiger_tatted1

Comment by tiger_tatted1 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2010