Why Did You Adopt or Want 2???

Im thinking bout it!!!

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 9:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Adoption

• My husband and I adopted because we wanted to raise a child and expand our family. We knew without a doubt we would make excellent parents and love our life together. So we did. It had nothing to do with fertility. Maybe we can have conceive a child and maybe not. Who cares? We didn't. From very early on adoption was the only way we wanted to expand our family.  For us it was never about being a second option or second best.  It was always our desire and its called family planning.  We planned and now we are raising a beautiful child.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Ours fell through at the last minute but we wanted to adopt because we've wanted more kids for a long time, just havent been able to conceive since our youngest son. I'd still like to adopt. Good luck!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We adopted because we wanted a family.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 9:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We adopted because of the love in our hearts for children. We knew without a doubt we could love a child as our very own. Adoption has been our greatest blessing, and we could not imagine our lives with a child/children. We are hopeful that we may get the chance to adopt again.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Purely selfish reasons: we wanted to be parents and weren't conceiving and didn't want to go through all the infertility stuff when there were all these kids already out there who needed families. So 11 years ago we adopted 3 siblings and have never regretted it. Now they're 15, 16 and 18 and I'm even thinking about doing it again!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I knew pregnancy wouldn't be good for me or a baby, so we adopted. Plus DH had been working with a lot of foster families, so we chose that route =)
    yo_ho

Answer by yo_ho at 11:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I didn't adopt, but my new neices and nephew were adopted. My BIL had a child with his first wife who was born with multiple birth defects. She did not live long after birth. He then discovered that he carried certain genes that could cause this type of thing to happen again. He got a vasectomy and adoption was then the only option for more children.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• DH and I talked about it on our first date at the age of 16...we both had the desire to adopt from China. We knew that we didn't meet the age requirements when we got married ( they were 35 at the time and we were 20) so we TTC...that took 7 years and Clomid. Our dd Kahlan was stillborn at 36 weeks. We were 28 at that point.We decided that we didn't want to go through that again and we began the adoption process 2 years later when we turned 30. Our dd came home 2 years later...11 days before my 32 bday. 8 months later we found out that we were pg again with dd#3..she is 26 months old now...
    DD#1 will be 5 in a few weeks and has been home almost 4 yrs.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I started fostering and was being offered my placements to adopt.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I wanted to and started process along time ago, but it is very stressful and some of the process ( IMO) is uneccessary.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 6:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010