what are travel parents think about hotel sitter???

a babysitting service provided in the hotel in which the city you plan on traveling too... so parents and guardians can take the extra moment to themselves for a day at the spa, shopping, romantic dinner with your spouse or even just a night out.

myhotelsitter

Asked by myhotelsitter at 9:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't leave my kids with some stranger while on vacation.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Seeing as how the only people I have EVER let watch my kids are their grandparents-there is no way I would do it. But that is just me.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I like the idea of a kids club or camp type atmosphere while on vacation, but I would not be interested in a traditional type babysitting situation for my kids.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I only leave my children with their grandparents or their aunt. I just don't feel comfortable leaving them with strangers.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 10:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• HELL no. i would never leave my kids with some people at the hotel. you dont really know what kind of person they are
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No. I'd rather bring my mom or MIL along on a trip to babysit than use a stranger.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I looked into it when we travelled and opted not to pay the money with a stranger - once was a cruise ship and the other a hotel in a foreign country.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 10:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My dad's business has a convention every 4 years. There is a big banquette one night and the hotel provides a group of nannies to play with all the kids in a camp type atmosphere. But when I was a kid, My sibs and I weren't allowed to go. My mom never left us with anyone. And last summer, I didn't send DD, but she was only 8 weeks old.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• when I was 17 I was invited along to Disney World with the family I babysat for to be on hand to care for the kids. I was able to go to the attractions with the family (I helped with the kids - I loved them anyway and it was soooo much fun!) but then usually at night, I stayed at the hotel with the kids so the parents could go out to dinner, see a movie, etc.

I would never leave my kids with people I didn't personally know!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2010