Lactose-Free Ice Cream?

My 11 month old just turned out to be lactose-intolerant and the thought of not being able to give her ice cream with her cake at her birthday party kills me (it sounds lame, i know). But I heard about a lactose-free kind, does anyone know what it is called and where I might find it?

Kylinasmommy

Asked by Kylinasmommy at 10:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breyers makes a lactose-free vanilla you can use their product finder to see if it is sold in your area:

http://www.icecreamusa.com/products/store_locator.cfm?b=1

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Someone told me they bought that for their son and they found it at Dierbergs but it was expensive.
    camdensmomma07

Answer by camdensmomma07 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Do you have a Trader Joe's in the area? THey sell soy ice cream, and it is very good! I bet a health food store would sell the same thing. My son was no dairy too. They make lots of thing soy that still tase quite good!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 11:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Being lactose intolerant myslef it is not worth it! even with lactade milk if we get too much it feels like a kick in the stomach, dont risk it, plus if he cant have ice cream why get him hooked on it.
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2008