Is there anyone out there who is married to a firefighter who works 24 hr shifts?

My husband works 24 hr shifts every 3rd day. We have 3 wk old twins and a 14 mth old. It gets difficult being alone with the kids for 24 he's. I'd really like to hear from others in a similar situation.

kherz

Asked by kherz at 9:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• My hubby works 16 hours for 3 days in a row then he works two 8 hours shifts. I know it's not the same, but for 3 days I only see him at night when the baby is asleep. By 10pm (right now) I'm ready for a cold beer and an hour by myself. I just try to keep busy all day and not think about being alone!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my husband is in the army and he works 24 duty and we have a 6 year old and 5 month old twins its still hard some times when he is gone that long because the lack of sleep do you have help from family and friends where we are we dont have any family around so its just us doing it if you need to talk you can message me
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Holy hell woman! I am not in your situation but I bumped for ya cuz I feel for ya! I would so love to help with your babies - maybe someone in your church might help?! Best of luck to you!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• a soldier! And we deal with 1 year shifts! Think about depoyment! And maybe that will help you to realize that what you have is not so bad!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• jolee it dont matter if they are a soldier or not my husband is a soldier also and if you do not have twins you have no clue how hard it is wheather it be 24 hour shift or a year deployed still hard no matter how you look at it
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 7:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2010