What kind of laptop do you have?

I'm probably going to be buying a new laptop in the next 6 months, so I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to get. I've pretty much ruled out Netbooks because of the lack of a CD/DVD drive. I know that Acer computers are cheap, but I've heard that they're crap from a lot of people. What brand is your laptop?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Shopping

• Well I have an acer aspire one mini netbook so I guess I am no help. Although we already owned and external CD drive so choosing this was an easy choice for me. I love my netbook and we have this and another Acer full sized laptop and they both work wonderfully. obviously the intel Atom processor is a small one but as far as that goes my little netbook is amazing.

Sorry I couldnt help you with personal reviews but i am an IT major and I can direct you to some sites that have not only awesome consumer reviews but great infomation and great sales on just about everything.
    My favorite one of all
    www.makeuseof.com
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 10:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have a Sony Vaio. I do NOT recommend it.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Sony Vaio and I do recommend it. Why don't you like yours? Mine is a 2010 so maybe it's different than yours?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i have a dell and i love it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have a dell laptop. and it works pretty good for me.
    totomamma

Answer by totomamma at 10:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I've had 2 dell laptops over the course of 5 years. My 2nd one I've had 2 years won't hardly turn on, and I've always taken good care of it...I guess I should've defragged it every month, but that's a pain in the ass. I'm using my hubbys MacBook and it runs great. It was pricy, though.
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If I had extra cash to spare I'd get a Mac. If not, then a Dell.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Mac. Love it
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Sony and HP currently. have had Dells and they are good. My favorite was our Mac. I fell off the couch and out of the truck on the asphalta and still worked perfectly. Son even peed on the keyboard also (just got out of the bath and ran to see mom. He was 1.) After about 5 years it finally quit last year. We sold it "as is" on ebay for $300. They are the best. We are looking in to another one. Husband has a netbook. He hates it and wants to put it on ebay and get an Apple.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 11:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• 13" MacBook Pro got it in July and LOVE it, no viruses and so user friendly. My first laptop and got it after my daughter got hers and she came for a visit and we went shopping. Had to load Office on but very easy.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2010