Do any of the working moms wish they could quit their jobs and be a SAHM?

seturkey

Asked by seturkey at 10:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Honestly, I AM a stay at home mom and I wish that I could be working more than anything right now. I really want to work and feel like I' working hard and making my own money to support my son but at the same time I'm so fortunate to have my son alllll day long it just brings us closer and I love every second of it. I love y little man. [: But there are times when you need your down time so all of those moms out there who are workers....it may suck to work then come home without any kind of break and switch fro worker to mommy but keep your job, it's good for your child and they'll appreciate it in the long run and so will you. Just enjoy every second you have to be with your children when you're home and mommy again. [: I agree with JaydnsMom22 though, I would really like a part time job.
    JacksonsMommyx3

Answer by JacksonsMommyx3 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i kinda want the opposite. i would like a pt job. being at home all the time is a lil stressful for me
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• when I was working, I loved it.. I haven't found a job in our new location are really miss it
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 10:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I hated working when I worked mostly. Now I'm down to 2 days a week. I get the best of both worlds. Staying at home most of the week and working 2 days for a little bit of cash.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Towards the end of my maternity leave with my 2nd child, I really wanted to stay home, but I am the breadwinner so that was impossible. Almost every week I wish I could be stay at home with my kids. I do work from home a couple of days a week, and right now I'm still able to keep my 8 month old home with me on those days. She's starting to get more mobile so I don't think I'll be able to do that for much longer.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yup! Sometimes
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 10:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My husband and I decided that it would be in our children's best interest if one of us quit our job to be a SAHM or SAHD. because my income was slightly higher, my DH quit his job. He has been a SAHD for one six to eight months and even though i love working full time, i miss all the little things that my husband gets to be a part of. for example my baby's first words, all the little tantrums they throw over cookies, etc; and most of all i miss seeing my husband happy. He says that he loves being with the kids he too wants to be the breadwinner and feel like the man of the house. I do have more time to myself but not enough with my family. So now that i have experiences both sides, I chouse to continue working but would love for my husband to work too so i have decided to open a group home for disabled adults so that i may continue working and have the time to spend with my kids and husband.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• its more like a mentor home as oppose to group home. the disabled adults would live in my home. I have worked with them for years so i know what to expect.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I work from home, I have the best of both worlds!!!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010