how did membrane sweeping/stripping help you?

i got my membranes stripped today, and i am curious for how any of you this made you go into labor, and how fast you did. i have been having some mild cramping and little bhs but nothing bad, and i would like to have some ideas to help with helping induce labor faster. i am 39 weeks tomorrow so i am term and ready to go! haha

TessaNmykey

Asked by TessaNmykey at 10:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had mine stipped with my first at 40 weeks and that night (at about 4pm) i went into labor..i think i got stripped at about 10am?..and i had her 12 hours later. good luck!
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 10:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• what is that? i have seen several posts about that. i havent ever heard of it.. should i know what it is?
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• membrane stripping is pretty much where the doctor sticks her examining finger in, like checking the cervix, and then she does a little swipe around the cervix and bag of water seperating them, releasing some hormone that will help dialate the cervix. if you google it it gives you a way better explanation than i can.
    TessaNmykey

Comment by TessaNmykey (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I had mine stripped at about 4pm, we went home and I went to bed by 3 am I was on my way to the hospital and I had my son at 5:18 pm that night. Best of luck to you and Congrats on your new baby!
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I had mine done twice a week for two weeks, then three times in three days. It didn't help me go into labor...but I think it helped with the length of my labor. I ended up being induced- which was actually a great experience.
    CarrieGemenon19

Answer by CarrieGemenon19 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010