For Christians

What do you mean when you say you have a "relationship" with Christ?

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe Christ was God, the Word made flesh and also the Holy Spirit....the trinity.

We spend time together. I pray, I talk to him. He leads me with his Holy Spirit and through His Word, the Bible. When I apply His Word to my life I get to see and experience more of Him which helps my faith to grow and our relationship to grow.

It is like other relationships in that it needs quality and quantity time to spend together, commitment, trust, etc. But it is entirely unique because it is a relationship with the Creator who loved us so much that He left heaven to come and make a way for us to be together in eternity. He knew us before we were created in the womb and he loved us first. This is why I love Him and why I want that relationship with him.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Most relationships are a process... spending time together and getting to know each other better. This is what God wants from us - to spend time with Him and learning more about who He is and His will for our lives. It's to know and understand God. Once we do, then everything else falls into place. And it's not just one sided. God is there for us, if we know where to look and allow Him into our lives. (that sounds so churchy and that's not what I intended)
    diana131

Answer by diana131 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• He is showing me the way.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We are together
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I believe I have a relationship with God (Jesus just helps me in that), and what I mean by that is that I feel as though I am engaged in a process of growth and development - of spiritual cultivation - led by Him and the love and conviction He lays on my heart. That I'm actively participating in coming closer to understanding and relating to Him, that I feel His presence in my life and live in relation to Him and what I believe He wishes.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2010