Favorite Dinner to Cook

What is your favorite thing to cook for your family.....

share the recipe if you would like! i know I- and i am sure many others- love to try new things!
Mine is my meatloaf

-a little over a lb of lean ground beef
-Italian bread crumbs
-2 eggs (as needed for moisture)
-1 tsp salt
-ketchup
-green peppers, onions (i only do half of meatload with onions because i hate them but hubby loves)

preheat oven to 350. mix ingredients. as far as measurements for italian breadcrumbs i would put a good amount in since that is your flavor of spices. maybe 2 cups? if you make it too dry feeling add another egg. top with ketchup

cook for forty minutes and take out add more ketchup on top layer. put back in oven for about 10 more minutes

served with sweet corn bread and french style green beans

this is my hubbys favorite meal.

MamaHardy2008

Asked by MamaHardy2008 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My favorite thing to cook is take out!! LOL Ok, I'm joking, but most of my meals are very "quick and easy". We make Tacos, Spaghetti, Pork chops in Mushroom soup, Chicken and Rice, baked Chicken, etc. Every time I've attempted to make new stuff in my house, my kids always complain they don't like it, so I've pretty much stopped. OOH, but I do make this dish called "Debbie's Casserole", and it has many different Variations that you can play with to your liking. I don't have an exact recipe for it, but I can give you the gist of it! Take 1-2 lbs hamburger, brown and drain it. Mix 1 can corn and a jar of Spaghetti sauce. While that's heating up make about 4-6 servings of Mashed potatoes. Put the meat mix in a casserole or baking pan, and cover it with mashed potatoes and bake at about 400 till the meat mix is boiling. Variations include using Salsa and/or cornbread instead of Sauce and Potatoes! Yummy!! :D
    bethanysmom1007

Answer by bethanysmom1007 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My favorite is Collard greens, cornbread dressing, candied yams, mac and cheese,neckbones, hot water cornbread and peach cobbler for dessert. As you can see, I am definitely a COUNTRY girl! Sorry I don't know recipes. I usually call mom if I don't know what goes in something
    bakinmomma

Answer by bakinmomma at 11:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I like to make homemade risotto, it's nothing really fancy, but it's sooooo good.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My Favorite is Taco Salad. 1lb ground turkey, 1 can black beans, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can mexican corn. Cook Ground Turkey, add La Tiara (my favorite) Taco Seasoning, Add beans and corn. Serve over Doritos with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, sour cream (whatever you like) and dorothy lynch salad dressing. its Amazing. my friends STILL ask me to come cook this for them lol
    awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Pastel de Tres Leches
    AshlyN.

Answer by AshlyN. at 12:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• mofongo with fish soup...yimmmmmy
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My favorite meal to cook is where my husband grills chicken or steaks! I make pasta and salad, corn or peas for the kiddos. Simple, healthy and yummy!
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 9:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Anything I can call and get delivered

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2010