What on earth do I do here?!

My 2 year old (3 in December) daughter in the past 2 weeks, has come into our bed in the middle of the night once a week. She says it's scary etc...I understand, and we just let her sleep w/us. Tonight we put her to bed and she came out of her room saying something about Angela was out side her window, and it was scary. We went into her room and checked the windows w/her and even put a blanket over the window. She came back out 5 min later w/her ears plugged making weird whispering noises.

I'm so confused. I try to not let her nap-cuz then she doesn't go to bed (she took a nap today). I don't know if this is just her imagination or what but i'm in need of some advice here.

**I don't believe in the "Ghost thing" but it's kinda freakin me out.

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dont either, but my son does some freaky stuff like that too! I would just explain to her that theres no one around, and put her back into her room. Try putting a night light or two for her, if you dont have any. You could stay in her room with her until she falls asleep. GL
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• try to ask more questions and see if she can describe her. sounds scary. i personally might call the police and have them do more patroling around your house just in case. that would freak me out to the point where she would be sleeping with me.

but i also believe in "ghosts" as well. but i would still be freaked out
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i'm into indian things, so i put dream catchers in my girls room, along with a night light. but my one newphew, when he was little kept seeing his dead sister when we couldn't. (she was a still born. doctor was a quack lets leave it at that.)
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You are going to call the police because your 2 year old says that "Angela" is outside the window. Why doesn't your husband check.
    Hang heavy drapes. What floor is the window on? Put a chest of drawers in front of the window. We have a medium white chest in front of the window in our three year olds room. There is still two or three feet of window above so light can come in during the day. Who is Angela?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm just so confused, and really freaked out. I know in theory "A ghost won't harm you". But tonight, I just got freaked out. She has 2 night lights. She has blinds over her windows, and now a blanket. It freaks me out a little more knowing it's almost Halloween, hahaha. She comes up w/random names. I'm just oh so confused.
    Chell.o_0

Comment by Chell.o_0 (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010