Have you started Christmas shopping yet?

Or am I the only one? lol Last year we waited about 2 weeks before christmas to get everyone something, and it was hectic! (It was our 1st christmas buying for everyone) and this year I decided to get a head start :)

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Shopping

• normally i would have everything but the stacking stuffers right now, but this year wasn't normal. so i really haven't started.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We haven't started but I am sure I will at the end of november when we have more money...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• sort of. i know what i will be purchasing for some people. i have started constructing my MIL, moms, and grandmothers present though through shutterfly. i am making a photo story book. literally. i am starting from when DH and i met, got pregnant, our wedding, second pregnancy, etc. all in order.
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I usually don't have the luxury of the shopping experience. In our home it's actually celebrated but we don't ( or rarely ) ever shop at all for gifts. We do things as cheaply as possible. Our finds are from flea markets, all year. And after the season/ holidays are over, we go for any sales that happen to be available, it's annoying to see most everything gone. Our hearts aren't for the fighting over anything figuratively speaking like presents, gifts, or surprises. We just give the most of ourselves all year, as we see the opportunity available. Sorry it's not in the question. But I don't see the holidays. I see the people. I see the hearts. I see the lack of jobs, the low pay, the high cost of keeping in food, and not even going out to dinner. We are always seeking out ways to have the most in each day.
    Anonymous

• I have ideas on what to get people, but not started
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• YES! I'm finished completely. I get it done early because I usually find deals and I don't like dealing with grumpy angry crowds during november/december. People are just hateful now during the holidays. want no part of that. So I'm done and can enjoy the holidays with my family instead of in the stores. I will wrap everything about a month before and it's all stress free. It shouldn't be a stressful time at all even if you are broke. It's not all about gifts.
    thejeanteam

Answer by thejeanteam at 11:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• YES! I have both of my kids big gifts and 1 of my son's small gifts. I'm getting there =) I have to get like 10 people gifts from family names drawings and stuff. I have gotten some stuff off craigslist cause I don't like spending a ton of money on things my babies are going to play with for 2 months and push in a corner and forget about.
    But I don't like the big crowds when I have to find something. I do love to go out early see the crowds and eat breakfast =)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Sorry ... I swear every year that I will start the next year buying them early and I have YET to do that. One of these years I will ...
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes. My dh and I already have bought 6 gifts for our son. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes, & I am already stressin out about it! There are only 70 something days left time Christmas. I need to mkae sure I get for everyone on my list, that I stay in my budget, & that I get to the post office in a timely manner. I am going crazy! LOL
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2010