Went for my level 2 u/s today and the doctor saw no markers for DS. Anyone go through this? Having no markers but then baby ending up with DS? My original risk from the blood screening was 1/67, changed to 1/140 after ultrasound results. Any advice is greatly appreciated.Answer Question
Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy
Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010
Answer by Patesmom at 11:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2010
My youngest has Down syndrome which we discovered through the blood tests, reconfirmed with the u/s and even then decided to do an amnio. The amnio results were again positive, and we decided to find out at that time that we were having a girl.
Blood tests are notoriously unpredictable. If I were in your position I would do the amnio. We didn't do it with our older kids, but decided while doing the u/s so that we would know for sure. My anxiety level couldn't handle not knowing. Plus our older kids were 11 & 10 when I was pregnant and we all needed the time to research, pray and wrap around the idea of this "new child".
Please feel free to message me directly if you'd like. God Bless You and your family. No matter what the results there is tons of support waiting for you.
Answer by MeggieSwan at 2:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010
Answer by Amanda_82 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2010