Do you feel you HAVE to clean your adult kid's room?

No bashing! This time I am going to tell her that I will literally kick her out if she messes it up-I am done with this
(But, we just moved & have NO storage right now, so it's not ALL her fault this time)

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 10:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I go in and pick up the trash, it is my house and I want it not to smell. I also clean up after my husband so why not my kids? If I think it is getting too bad, I will tell him that I am going to clean his room, since he really does not want me going through his room, he will clean it up as well as a 20 year old boy can.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 5:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yep, if they don't clean it, I just close the door. Every now and then I will tell them that they can't leave the house for anything but work and school if they don't clean their rooms, and then they'll clean it....and then I just close the door again.

As long as they don't leave any messes outside of the room....I'm good.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I do not clean my 8 or 10 year old room. They are big enough to do it themselves.. I surely will NOT clean an adult child's room...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No. They can do it, If they don't,I close the door. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i agree with gertie
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree, close the door. Let her do her own laundry if it's not in the hamper, and let her hunt for her stuff if she can't put it away.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010