How do I get him to help me out with cleaning the house?

I work at least 45 hrs a week and come home and have to feed bath our daughter put her to bed; and then clean and cook when he has four days off a week and doesn't do anything but sit and play video games or talk with the neighbors. His excuse it that he had to watch our daughter all day. ERRR Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• my bf tries to pull that except he's the one working and I'm home all day, i clean the house and two seconds after he walks in the door he strips down to his boxers and leaves them where he stands, I just started cleaning my mess and the kids, washing our clothes and not his etc... and when he complained that he had no clean clothes I said oh well put them in the basket if you want them washed. but you get what i'm saying only clean up after you and the kid(s) and when he complains there's nothing of his cleaned then he'll know why. hope this helps and good luck
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 10:51 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I agree with workenmom. Leave things were he leaves them. The mess will drive him nuts and he;ll start picking up. Stop doing his laundry too.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• You just have to stop making life so easy for him! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It is tough watching kids all day but if you really feel that he just plays games all day, maybe you should ask him if he can get a job so you can stay home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• What you do is stop doing any house work at all for about five days.. (I know, it will probably drive you nuts, me too)! Don't wash his dishes, nor cook for him... When he inquires, and he will, explain to him that you simply don't have time to take care of him and your daughter and work, so he has to make a decision on which part he wants to help with.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I go along with pupmom answer..Stop doing so much around the house..See how long it takes him to notice.Then talk to him about it

Answer by louise2 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i agree with Workenmom
    Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• well i cant help with this one im in the same boat, exept im desable and he doesnt work. i receive a check. he doesnt help with any household expeances. or the kids things he is no help around the house either. i have to pay someone to clean my house while he sleeps. any money he makes is for his cig. habbit or him .
    manicmama2

Answer by manicmama2 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Tell him he has a choice, he starts helping with the cleaning or you hire a maid.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I agree, just stop doing everything. If you cook, don't do the dishes. Only wash you and your daughters clothes, don't pick up anything. Eventually they do get the idea. I'm a SAHM and this is how I taught DH to pick up after himself.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2008