Grandfather risk his life to save grandson from house fire

When the grandfather started to smell smoke coming from the up stairs. Despite being in poor health and on oxygen. He goes up stairs to wake his 19 year old grandson to get him out of the house. The grandfather died in the fire....

http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/kstu-fatal-spanish-fork-house-fire,0,95931.story

SPANISH FORK, Utah - A man died in a house fire in Spanish Fork Wednesday around noon. Spanish Fork Fire Lt. Steve Adams says that there were five individuals in the house on 275 North and 700 East, when the fire sparked in the upstairs area of the home. Fire crews were able to usher four of the individuals out, but a 67-year-old man was found deceased from apparent smoke inhalation

Lt. Adams says that before the fire occured, there were three individuals in the basement, one person on the first floor, and another in the upstairs area who was sleeping. He says one of the residents, a 67-year-old man, noticed smoke

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• What a brave man! I'm sorry it ended badly for him but I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to live thinking he could have saved his grandson and didn't.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• What a sad but inspiring story. I guess that is what grandpas and grandmas will do though. It is love.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• omg poor guy...so sad =(
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 11:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• What a heart breaking story! That poor family! What a brave man!
    MamaDawn0223

Answer by MamaDawn0223 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I teared up reading that. Thats love right that. Thats what it means to truly love someone. My heart goes out to that whole family & the 19 year old who now has to live with all of this....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Poor guy but he died for love. THe grandson will forever remember his act of love.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Awww that is so sad :'(
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• That is so sad. :( What a great man he was to try to save his grandson. His grandson will always remember that.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'd do the very same thing... who wants to live forever?
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• So sad. :(
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010