What is some quick, healthy, on the go meals I can make for my husband to take to work. I'm trying to get him to quit eating out so much, but it's a challenge since he drives around for a living.

Blueberryplz

Asked by Blueberryplz at 10:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I have same prob, but get him an insulated lunch bag(keeps food fresh) and make traditional sandwiches, like tuna, pbj, cold cuts. also if he is eating on the go a good choice is to make wraps. and of course fill with a baggie of oreo's
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Wraps with just meat and cheese so they aren't so messy.
    Finger veggies like baby carrots, grape tomatos, fresh string beans (really, they are yum! if ya like beans).
    Fresh fruit that don't need peeling like apples, grapes, pears.
    Bottled water and juices in small bottles.
    Pretzles, wheat sticks, crackers.
    Cookies for dessert.
    I am thinking he needs something that isn't messy because he is in the car? Will he eat this? Sounds like eating out is a break. Maybe he could go to a park instead of a restaurant while he eats.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Get him a nice insulated lunch box/bag. make healthly sanwichs and give him fruits vegeatables stick too. What I do is make nice sandwich out of wheat bread, put some fruits in their and water or soda water. Maybe some hard candy some time.
    dkl941

Answer by dkl941 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• when i cook dinner i usually have left overs and that is what we take to work with us for lunch. we do hot pockets and microwaveable items (if a microwave is available. Try looking on the internet or just google what your looking for the possibilities are endless.
    babybump09

Answer by babybump09 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2008