Going through a divorce. Have a child, was a stay at home mom. Anyone else out there like me?

I was a stay at home mom when my husband decided to leave us. I'm learning to get back out there and work. I'm very scared about this whole process. Is there anyone else out there who is going through or has gone through the same thing I have?

nursemari

Asked by nursemari at 11:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• mama all i can say is that working or none working a divorce is hell and when you have kids its even more of a pain...you just need to be strong and get as much support from your love ones as you can...having a good support team is key...best of luck
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 11:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Not the same. I was a server in a restaurant when my girls' dad left, but I understand the fear you are going thru. Message me if you need to talk.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Just keep breathing. It will be as good as you allow it to be. There are alot of grants and financial aide available right now for mothers. I would seriously check into FAFSA and make your dreams come true. You will be fine just stay logical. Do not future trip with fear. Keep telling yourself "right now I am OK". This is not the end of your world yet rather the start of a better one. I was divorced with 3 kids and was not used to working away from home. You will adjust to whatever comes your way. Fear is " False emotions appearing real". Do not let it control you. Look up "Two Wolves" A Cherokee parable. It is one that gave me great strength and a new perspective. Good luck and big Hugs !!!!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i did this in 06-08 i was going to school though and lucky enough to have my parents to help out watching my daughter so i could go to class
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 11:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• they r alot like u out there and im one of them,this happend to me like 7 years ago i was really young 17 and i have 2 kids it so hard to do but the best thing to do!!he hasnt come back ever since and im happy just me and my kids and family....dont give up keep ur head up and do what we do best and thats to over come anything,its hard at frist but u can do it......wish u the best....
    babydoll717

Answer by babydoll717 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• That would be the scariest thing for me. I hope that you get things figured out and become independent quickly. I don't even know where I would begin.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I am in that situation. My husband left in 2007. I have 3 children that I am raising on my own. I do not even have parents or family that help. Thankfully, I purchased a home back when I was working so that is a blessing. I have gotten creative. I rented a room to a seasonal farm worker, and that was a big help. I do laundry sometimes for a elderly lady. I do not eat out and cook meals at home. I cut off the cable, internet,and all the extras on the phone. I do not go to the salon or buy much of anything besides the essentials. I really am trying to do all I can to be a stay at home mom even though my children are school age. I did get a job doing home health for home instead senior care company. I gave the hours that I can work , wich is only the same hours the kids are in school, so is the only times they will call me to work.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I went through it. It sucked and I felt sooo guilty for suddenly going back to work and leaving my 4 year-old and 20 month old alone at a sitters house while i worked full time. We rented a studio apartment and lived there for 6 months before finally moving somewhere that we had some room, it wasn't easy and I can't believe exactly how much work it took to get a job, hold it, keep up with the kids and still get everything done. it was crazy! Right now, just do whatever you can to get by, keep your kids safe and your head high!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010