Anyone know about Prometrium and Progesterone levels in pregnancy?

I was just wondering ow much "higher" Prometrium makes progesterone levels.

I am 4 weeks pg tomorrow- I just starte taking Prometrium (2oo mg at bedtime)
My progesterone level was checked today and it was 54... So I am wondering HOW MUCH higher did the Prometrium make my levels? Anyone have any answers to this?

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 11:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My progesterone level rose from 6 to 10 in less than a week on Prometrium when I was 4-5 weeks. But it definately sounds like you don't need it if your level is 54 lol. What problems ahve you had?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yea I was going to say that sounds normal to me to my dr gave me it for reaccurring mc and nver did blood work ended up in a nightmare I lost the baby but bc my progesterine wwas so high it kept the pregnancy bc they don't tell you all that that hormone is for is to tell your uterus not to shed it does not protect the baby in any other way I waited 2 weeks before labor came and then needed a dnc after I'm not trying to scare you at all or make you think you'll miscarry I'm just saying there's no reason to use it unless you're low
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I took it when my level dropped from 20 to 15. They never rechecked the levels after i started taking it. My baby was born healthy and full term.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2010