Feeling beautiful while pregnant? Or feeling unattractive and blue?

Im not adjusting to the way my body is changing during pregnancy... I've gained weight.. which i despise.. and my face is breaking out like never before. I feel like a fat cow with a pizza face... I was just wondering how many pregnant women out there either feel totally beautiful! Or totally like i'm feeling... depressed about my looks...

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 11:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I felt... powerful while I was pregnant. My body image changed, of course. I worried that my husband was turned off by my huge belly. But more than sexy or beautiful I felt powerful and creative and alive. I cherish my stretch marks now, and I never felt ugly or fat...

I think how you feel is normal, but it would be better if you could change it. Try focusing on the miracle your body is doing and love the outward signs of that miracle for what they represent is happening on the inside.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• A lot of men are turned on by pregnant women. I loved being pregnant. I looked awesome. DH couldn't keep his hands off me. Loved it.

For your skin, try massaging sea salt into your face, soak for 2 minutes then rinse. Twice daily, it works.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I am feeling unattractive and blue I dnt like the weight that I have gained nor the swelling in my face...I feel as though I dnt deserve my husband
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yep i agree with Ati_13....try to focus more on the amazing work your body is doing...womens bodies are incredible and even if you dont see the GLOW, others do, and you ARE beautiful....i dont have to see you to tell you that : )......Ati_13-----I LOVE MY STRETCH MARKS TOO!!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I felt the same way sometimes. My face was breaking out too. But everything went back to normal after my son was born. And looking back at pictures of my pregnancy, I was gorgeous & I think it was just the hormones taking over my brain lol.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i feel pretty good about how i look, i just don't like how i feel. tired more easily and cry more easily,
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I definitely feel unattractive, but I guess it doesn't bother me too much. I'm so wrapped up in my other two and getting baby stuff and everything ready, that's not really something that's on my mind.
    You should try doing something for yourself, get a pedi or mani, get a new hair do, put a little make up on, even just getting a new outfit might help :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 12:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I feel unattractive, I feel so fat and ugly and like people are just staring at me, I hope I can get out of this.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My face has broken out super bad too but i just used some makeup to cover up, but i'm worried i havent gained weight! I feel even more beautiful now that im pregnant!, i love going out in public and my husband has his hands on my bump :)
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was kind of miserable through my first trimester (was sick, gained weight, had skin and hair issues). Once I hit my second, i felt great and in my third I was on cloud nine. I had never been happier :) Hang in there it gets a lot better!
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 1:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2010