My sons mouth

Hi I have a 15 year old son, he has always been well behaved recently though his mouth is getting out of control! He is cursing and swearing like a sailor, he wont stop. I have told him a hundread times, dont speak like that, and mommy dosent want you using that type of language. He will not stop, how do i get him to talk like a gentleman.

AvatModelMommie

Asked by AvatModelMommie at 11:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• boot camp...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 11:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Take a good look at his influences (role-models) and have a talk with them.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You sit him down and you tell him....I know you think cussing all the time makes you sound tough and grown up, but really it makes you sound uneducated, immature and lame. Girl want to date guys who know how to be respectful towards them and who can carry on a comversation without dropping the F bomb in every sentence. If you want to have NO friends, NO dates, and No life, please continue, BUT if you want people to like you, to be able to get a job so that you have money to take a nice girl out on dates and maybe buy yourself a car, and be respected, then I suggest you rethink your current use of vocabulary
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• His mouth is out of control and it's probably because of the friends that he hangs around. Respect is the key word here. I'd tell him that he will get his cellphone, computer time, tv time and no going out with his friends until he gets his mouth under control. You shouldn't have to put up with this.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i dunno but its def an age thing happens to alot of teens
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 2:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yeaph, is definitely the teens they hang with. My daught started the same way cursin. I came out with a firm voice and told her hand over that phone. When your ready to speak like a lady then you can have it back.. But one has to talk and let them know the wrong their doing and take away their most valuable thing.. She is getting better. I can say that..
    galchik

Answer by galchik at 11:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I had the same problem my son. I know its influenced by friends. I had the conversation with him acceptable language, how the words you use show the type of charater you have. Talking with foul language makes you look uneducated, and who wants to look like that. I told him I understand when you're in a group of friends, you say things and I can't stop that. What I can do is stop it in my home, in relatives homes and around people in public places. I expressed tha the needs to be respectful to the people around him as well to respresent himself postively. It works, one of his friends slipped up and said F*ck in front of me about something. My son looked at him and said - Hey my mom is here and I've told you we don't talk like that in my house. His friend apologized to me right on the spot and my son. Talking works and I like what galchick said too.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• He is 15, not an adult. Remind him of that, and come up with a punishment for every time he curses. Try a quarter jar - he must put a quarter in the jar every time he curses and then when there is a lot of money in it, he must buy YOU something.

Or, you could just talk to him. Explain to him that it's not the appropriate language for use around you. If he wants to act like an idiot and reflect badly on himself in public, whatever - but he shouldn't reflect badly on you. That's not fair.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• He should know that he has to clean up his langauge....and not just to please his Mommy. He should know that itis just tacky and gross and sounds uneducated to talk that way and nobody will respect him. The only kids who will hang out with him will be the gross kids who have no self respect .What does he want to do with his life?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My 14 year old has a runaway mouth....I take away the laptop and phone away until I get an apology. They need to respect you, you owe the kid nothing.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010