Hep please the baby is here!

Hey everybody if you know me from my other Q&A's you'd know im Married and i was Pregnant well i have Jaden 5 days ago and ever since Jaden has been breastfeeding and stuff but i buy huggies and i need to know if huggies are the best low-priced brand and i also need help on rash cream (he doesnt have 1 i want to have 1 encase) want kinds are the best low-priced brands also he's Allergic to Midol

Thanks for the help i really Appreciate your help

~Love Jessica and baby Jaden!~

Firstbabyjessi

Asked by Firstbabyjessi at 11:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used Parent's Choice diaper's for a long time and I like them.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 11:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I used and LOVED Parent's Choice diapers sold at Walmart. The Target generic diapers are good too. DO NOT waste your money on something that literally is designed to hold crap and be thrown away.

For diaper rash - I use A&D Ointment. You can also use it on his circumcision....if he had one.....be careful not to "waterproof" the diaper by using too much. You just need to use enough to make sure his little pee pee doesn't stick to the diaper.

CONGRATS!!!
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• A & D ointment works well as creme. Just enough to seal his butt from the moisture.
    I used Huggies until 2 months ago- I now use cloth. I thought it would be a disaster, but Its easy & super cheap! not to mention my son looks too cute running loose in the house ! ;)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Maureen is right about the diapers... I cloth diaper mostly, but when I use sposies I use the cheapest kind lol.

I like Bag Balm as rash ointment, personally. I've used it for both my kids and my mom used it for me, not just for rashes, either, we put it on in place of neosporin lol. I never got an infected cut.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i use Desitin...but the off brand form is just as good...and i use Walmarts Parents choice diapers and love them....congrats!!!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't use diaper rash cream because vaseline and corn starch is a lot better than most of them out there. (cheaper and dr. recommended).

Luvs is cheaper than Huggies, but not by much.. so it's pretty much down to person choice there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I never used any diaper rash cream. It burns!!! especially when the area is raw! ouch. I used plain old petroleum jelly - vaseline. you can by the awesome tubes for 1.00 at the dollar store! you just squeeze it on, no need to touch it (you know how greasy it is) and your good.
    Lanna F.

Answer by Lanna F. at 12:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Target brand diapers and vaseline. Both are great and will save you a lot of money. They are all I use.
    BabyBoyBlue

Answer by BabyBoyBlue at 12:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Walmart Diapers, Do they still make the White Cloud Brand?

And vit A & D ointment
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• First of all, Congratulations :)

Second of all...
    We use Pampers Swaddlers. They're the only ones we could find that our little sensitive man wasn't allergic to.

As for the Cream, I swear by Super Duper Diaper Doo for Diaper Rash. When Auggie was first born, he was allergic to the formula he was on, and would literally eat and poo at the same time! it was so awful, and he had the WORST diaper rash ever, we tried everything, and his pediatrician suggested Super Duper Diaper Doo, and within a day, it was completely cleared up!
    awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2010