Gay marriage...

There has been a thread going sort of about this proposition 8 in california. It's about legalizing gay marriage. I have 2 questions. Does anyone know if gay marriage has been voted in by the people in any state? and Is anyone else worried about all the deviants (I'm NOT saying gay pople are) who will then try to get approved to get married and the polygamists too??

(p.s. why isn't there a spell check in the question part??!! I am so spoiled I can't peel for nothing without it! lol)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know the answer to the first question since I don't live in California.

But with the second question...no I'm not worried. I shouldn't tell someone how to live their life, regardless of how bad I personally think it is. People make their own decisions. People live their lives according to how they see fit. I wouldn't like it if someone tried to prohibit me from doing something that was in no way harmful to anyone or anything.

And for the people that are against gay marriage solely because of the religious repercussions...what does it matter? They don't have to get married in a church. It wouldn't take away any of your religious rights. What happened to live and let live? God judges all when you die anyway, right? So why not just let gay people be and let God deal with them?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I believe in gay marriage,,,and if I could I would vote yes for it

Answer by louise2 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Gay marriage is legal in California right now, till the election, they are trying to overturn it. I hope they just leave it the way it is. I think it is legal in Massachusetts too. Not sure about other states but you could google it and find out.

I am not worried.
    I think people who vote against it just need to mind their own business and let people in love get married if they want to. No one should decide who someone marries.
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 11:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• as for poligamy they will never approve it - as for gay marrage who cares if gays get to marry eachother they arent hurting you by doing it!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Who are polgamists hurting?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Californians had already voted that marriag was defined as between one man and one woman. The liberal California court didn't care how us Californians felt or about our vote and overturned it. Therefore we are fighting back and have it on the ballot as Proposition 8. Of course people say, how can it harm you? Here's some facts... recently a kindergarten class was taken to a homosexual wedding, another class in the bay area went to a "coming out" event and learning how to be allies... if they're doing that now in public schools what else will happen if Prop 8 doesn't pass. Who will protect a minister or pastor or church from being sued for not allowing a gay wedding or marriage at there church or being willing to perform it? Who is going to protect the private schools when they won't hire a gay applicant due to their beliefs? The California liberal court who didn't care what Californian's wanted the first time?
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i'm all for gay marriage, and civil unions. i think the actual act of marriage should be decided on a state level but i also believe that civil unions and all the rights that come along with those unions, should be honored nationwide.

i don't exactly understand the arguement about the consequences that would follow gay marriage. i have even heard some pastors say that if gay people are allowed to marry then the next thing you know people will marry their animals or whatever and i think that's just silly.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• There was a time when people would have thought it "silly" that people would be openly gay and actually wanting to get married.

Anonymous

• Yes it is still legal in MA and as far as I am concerned it should be legal and not up to a public vote. that would be like putting up for public vote slavery, or womans rights...how do you think we would fair today if men were allowed to vote on our rights??? No person should have the right to vote on any other persons equality. This shouldnt even be up for a vote and it shouldnt even be a question....I am human, I bleed red just like everyone else, I feel pain and hurt just like everyone else....why shouldnt I be able to marry the person I love...JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE?????????
    Anonymous

• But everyone doesn't get to marry who they love. Underage people, pedophiles, polygamists, and other people who fall in love in unconventional ways. They are "human, I bleed red just like everyone else, I feel pain and hurt just like everyone else". I get that ya'll believe that gays are equal but what about ALL these people and their wants.

Anonymous