A Doozie please read

I'm going through a Divorce now My three year old son is in WI with his father. Only because he kicked me and my older son nine( from a previous marriage) out of the house
christmas of 09'. I'm in AZ now with family. My question is...I went to call my 3 yr old and my mother in law got on the phone and told me my son hated me and wanted nothing to do with me..That I've left a bad impression on him. I was beside myself,pissed. I called my councelor she said he is being guided what to say. I then called my attorney he said to call the GAL and let her know that she was interferring with my parental rights and she is alienating my son from me. Has anyone ever come across anything simular. GAL ( Guardian Ad Litem)

tucsonmomof2

Asked by tucsonmomof2 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I can't say that I have but I hope that you get things straightened out, sounds heart breaking.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No I haven't to that degree but that is interfering with your rights and my advice is that you handle it. I don't know your situation far wise as why your ex has your baby but it really doesn't matter at this point. All that matters is you finding a way to get your baby back if you are financially stable to do so. If not then work with your attorney to at least get partial custody.Don't allow anyone to take away your child in any form. Be blessed
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Is it possible that it is your MIL and not your husband? Your relationship with your 3 yr old son should be between you and your husband, not his mother. You will definitely need a lawyer, and I hope that they aren't telling your child bad things. He is too young to understand what is going on. I suggest that you find a way to only talk to your husband like maybe by a cellphone or e-mails. That way you will only communicate with him instead of her. Don't mail him (your husband) anything. Your MIL is more likely to open his mail if it is from you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Take your baby back!! Mom always gets custody first. If you don't take him back, this will never stop!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes my Mom was a GAL, still is. A GAL is for the child only not mom or dad she is the childs voice in court. Whatever you do dont try to influence them it will only go badly for you. As a mother though I would be going crazy to be away from my babies. My heart goes out to you.
    danni1982

Answer by danni1982 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes and it's illegal what she's doing. Your lawyer can handle that during the divorce. It's a parental interference thing. Your dh is probably encouraging his mom to say bad things to the child about you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• OMG I get so irate when stupid people like your MIL use the child like that and expose them to toxic things like this! This is about your child - not DH not MIL and dare I say not even you. I can say that because I have been through this more than a dozen dozen times. IT IS ABOUT YOUR CHILD AND IT IS ILLEGAL AND IT IS CHILD ABUSE!
    Remember: I know this for a fact also (I live in WI) you can ALWAYS have the police go do a welfare check on your child. You don't have to have a reason. Call the local police and ask them to please go check on my son - I am concerned for his well being.
    Next, I don't know what your legal rights are (custody/placement) but keep this in mind: IF you do NOT have a court order as to where he is to be - you are BOTH fully able to have him and possession is ALWAYS 9/10ths the law. In other words: if there is not order saying you can't have him GO GET HIM! DO NOT GIVE HIM BACK w/out a court order! GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think we're headed in that direction with my husband's son (previous marriage). Something happened last month that spurred this. His son called to talk. For some reason at that time, my husband was getting random calls from his ex's phone number that weren't his ex or son calling. When he picked up the phone this time, he didn't hear his son's customary, "Hi, Dad." He heard something else completely different (the voice didn't sound like his son either) and told him it was a wrong number. Keep in mind that he gave our home number to them due to bad reception/signal with our cell phones. His son called back and they talked, with my husband apologizing. He tried to tell his ex what happened, but she got off the phone too quickly.

The next day on Facebook, there was all kinds of bashing. There were status messages on his son's Facebook saying his dad didn't know him, or love him, or know his voice. The ex wrote it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Later that week, my husband and his son talked and everything was okay. A day or two after this happened, I received a Facebook message from the ex's mother (which was uncalled for). It said something like, "Congratulation, you married a dead beat dad !" I kept the email message notifying me of this message as well as the message itself. Who knows when it will come in handy later.

All this is to say that I know what you're going through (even though I'm the step-parent). My heart aches for you and I hope you can get it figured out.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• bumpHere's a bump for ya!!!

bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2010