Curly hair?

What are some tricks and tips for curly hair? I got a diffuser for my dryer and its okay sometimes. My hair is just to dam thick to spend the time doing a round brush blowout and then re curling. Ive been through so many hair products and run out of options. I want to add volume at the top w keeping my curls intact. Loreal use to have a great leave in condition that created soft bouncy curls but they discontinued. Any advice please and thanks!

mymestey

Asked by mymestey at 11:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have the same problem! Only if I brush my hair the curles go out and then I'm left with a giant thick waves frizzy thing. I used the Loreal one as well and it was amazing! I have yet to find something that gives me soft bouncy curls with volume on top that doesn't frizz out or turn crunchy. Good luck!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Ive used top name products w no good results. The Loreal product just happen to be the perfect product even though its a cheaper brand it worked. Since its been discontinued I have found no replacement. Ill try anything no matter how cheap or a lil expensive.
    mymestey

Comment by mymestey (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Wish I knew! I have crazy thick, curly that turns frizzy when brushed, or just because it feels like it, hair.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Over the weekend try just diffusing the part that u want volume; let the rest dry on it's own. If that does not work try shampooing your hair every other day that way u will not have to work it as much; and u will still have volume from the day before. What works best is consult a stylist, and get some of it thinned.
    KAHARRI10

Answer by KAHARRI10 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I battle with mine daily, too. I use Paul Mitchell straightening gel & that somewhat works
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have thick very curly (tight curls) hair and this is what I do and I get compliments ALL the time:
    Wash as little as you can get away with. The more you wash,the more dried out it gets the more frizz you get. NEVER brush and NEVER dry - always let it air dry. Defusers DON'T work with curls. I use Herbal Essence Shampoo & Conditioner. Make sure it's the one for curly hair or better yet the one to ADD moisture! Leave the conditioner in for 10 minutes if possible. Do the final rinse thoroughly with the coldest water you can stand. It closes the pores and reduces itching and dandruff but also locks in the moisture. Towel dry - not blow dry! comb thru with a wide tooth comb. If you have snarls, use Pearl Drops (WalMart about $5.00 a bottle). A little dab will do ya - don't use a lot. The bottle should last about 4-6 mos! Then, when all combed out - make sure it is all still wet hair. If not spray some water on to re-wet. CONT'D
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• CONT'D ok, next use about a dime to quarter size amount of Softee Pure Coconut Oil (a jar from Walgreens is $1.00! and lasts 4-8 mos depending on hair thickness) - rub in the palms of your hands and with your head flipped over, run it thru your hair. Make sure to get it in every area about evenly. Again, unless you have VERY thick hair like mine, use a dime size amount. Less is more. Then - do not comb, brush, blow dry or style your hair til it dries naturally. Your hair will be soft, bouncy and curls define like the pros. While it's wet tho you do feel like a drowned rat......but I guarantee you will LOVE it!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You might try this site, it has all sorts of products for curly hair

http://www.easycurls.com/curly-hair-conditioner.html
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I use John Frieda's Frizz Ease serum and his "dream curls" spray...both keep my curls in tact while keeping the frizz away without detracting from volume. My hair is super thick too.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Deva Curl products
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2010