Do you like your MIL?

Note the question is do you like your MIL. Not do you get along with her, or are you civil with her, but do you genuinely like her?

ednaamelia

Asked by ednaamelia at 12:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I love my Mother in Law she is great. I couldn't have picked out a better one if I had been picking out a a husband by that was alone.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I genuinely liked my MIL. SHe passed away about 12 years ago and I miss her. My kids miss their gramma.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• my ex mil not so much the one i got now...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I do genuinely like her. She is wonderful and sweet and kind-hearted and a great grandma to my kids, even tough she has never met them.

My FIL is another story lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• A resounding NO. But I tried, I really did. But the straw that broke the camel's back was when she bluntly told me that my son wasn't part of her family. So then I let her have it and we don't speak and that's AWESOME to me!!!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I get a long w the woman who would have been my MIL since I left her son and raised my girls(her grandkids) on my own for 3 yrs w/o her son in the pic. I guess she relized I was never the problem and my kids are #1 in my life. In fact She and her husband stayed w my parents and I one xmas and then a yr later she stayed w my SO and I for a weekend for my dd bday. Now my SO's mom I like her and have no problems and dnt think I ever will.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I LOVE her. She's pretty awesome.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• not a whole lot i've been with her son (granted it was off and on) for nearly a decade and it wasn't til after we got married that she tried to make an effort to get to know me and one of the first questions she asked was if i was still on birth control and when we were planning on having kids
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 12:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• She's my second mom. Wasn't very fond of her when we first got married but that was because hubby used to run to mom for everything or so it seemed like. However, I got over that and now I am her favorite daughter in law. =)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• yes, she is really good with the kids, she's accepted me into the family without question,even when my own mother was having a fit about me haning a baby with my now DH who I had just started dating a few months before. She just said congrats and I've been accepted as part of the family even since.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2010