Early voting vs Election day?

Do you vote early or on election day? Does early voting help you as a mother get to the polls? Does it help you get a friend or family member out to vote?

I hear a lot of people say they didn't vote because they had to work or couldn't make it. Ealry voting where I live gives us nearly a month including evenings and weekends.

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 12:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am a permanent absentee voter. I received my ballot in the mail yesterday. Everyone in my family votes via the mail. I like the ease of voting at home and early!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• my husband and i have to early vote because he's in the military so we qualify for absentee ballots
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 12:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Not sure...
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 2:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I always vote by mail, it's an option here and makes it so much easier to sit down and look at the pamplet while you are voting.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Isn't the fact that the polls are open from like 7AM to 8PM allow even those who work the opportunity to get to the polls? When I had infants/toddlers and wasn't sure how they would do waiting in line, I just waited till my husband got home to go vote. In every city and town I've ever lived in there were always multiple voting stations depending on which part of town you lived in, so there were only so many people who could vote there, making the process quick and easy!

I prefer voting ON election day...I like seeing people exercising their right, and taking the time to do something that is so important. There is a certain sense of patriotism and conscientiousness among those of us who wait in line in all kinds of weather to make ourselves heard.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I like voting on election day and usually do so unless there is something that will keep me from it on election day. DH usually votes early at early voting polling places but that's because he sometimes is out of town and doesn't get back until after polls have closed or is in meetings. Early voting usually happens for a couple of weeks before election day leading up until the weekend before election day so he usually has plenty of time to figure out when to vote.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i have done early-voting, simply because of my work-schedule at that time of year (in the salon, by november, you're already geared up for the holidays!). however, you don't get those cute little 'i voted today' stickers, like you get on Election Day. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• There are places, generally rural areas that no longer have polling venues- EVERYONE VOTES BY MAIL- I lived in 1 of those places for 10 years. I think it's the way to go-

Our unit is a 12 hour operation. WE arrive at 0630 and leave at 1915- adding the commute time (most live 30-60 mins away), the polls would be closed!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We like voting on election day ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'll vote early again this year simply because the kids will be out of school again on Election Day. It'll be good to have voted and have one less thing to have to do with them home that day.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2010