Food for a 1 year old?

I just started babysittig my one year old niece. My sister says to just feed her anything as long as its cut in small enough piece. Its been so long since my son was that age I can't remember anyhing specific except what he loved and hated, but it seems like she shouldn't be getting everything I eat just eat just because she can chew and swollow it. What are some good (and not so good) snacks/lunches?

I've been giving her dry cereal with fruit for breakfast, then alternating Tyson chicken nuggets withPBJ with fruit or veggies for lunch.I know there is more she can have, but my sister was not helpful when it came to expanding the menu and I'm at a loss for now. Help greatly appreciated.

Crystal1124

Asked by Crystal1124 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All the good things for you is good for her too. Veggies and fruits. Everything cooked and cut for her to eat easily.
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• bananas, applesauce, toast, graham crackers, cheese cubes, pears, sweet potatoes, rice cakes, Gerber puffs, Cheerios, yobaby yogurt. These are a few of dd's favorite things...
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Its been a few years since I had one that young but if I remember right they can pretty much eat anything as long as its easy to chew and good for them. Mash potatoes were a favorite as well as cheese cubes and mac and cheese, they loved the noodles.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Bananas, applesauce, cherios, noddles
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• mashed vegetables is always good, I normally steam pumpkin, potato, a bit of garlic and 1/2 an apple then mash them with a little milk then stir some peas through it........there are really good.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2010