would u were dress pants to a wedding or is that tacky.

my cousin is getting married in a couple of weeks and i have no idea what to wear.. im kinda of sweat pant kinda of girl.. i was thinking nice pants bc it will in the evening.
or would u just stick to a dress.
i have only been to two weddings.. my own and a my dh best friend 8 yrs ago
thank for your advice!

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I wouldn't wear sweat pants but a nice suit would be just fine or just a nice pair of slacks and a pretty blouse.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No it is not tacky. Dress it up with some nice pumps and an elegant blouse and you are straight.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Dress pants is ok with some heels and a very pretty blouse, like a silky blouse.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was a made of honor in pants... So sure, depending on the wedding style, I would and have.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't wear dresses. I wore pants to my mom's 3rd wedding, my aunts wedding, both of my sisters, and my best friend. none of them seemed to care what i was wearing. it was their day. besides, if i dressed up, i would've stolen all the glory. i'm just that good! haha j/k. but really, you wouldn't want to be uncomfortable, i think as long as its not sweat pants ;) you'll be fine :) 

awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think dress pants would be fine. Put all your energy into the blouse or whatever is up top. The only thing I have ever heard of about weddings is dont upstage the bride. So dont wear a white gown or something lady Gaga would wear,,,lol,,,sounds like fun though enjoy!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Nice dress pants are fine to a wedding, go for it.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• dress pants would be just fine since the weather is turning as long as they're clean and paired with a nice top
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 12:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Dress pants are wonderful to wear to a wedding.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Dress pants are more than fine...My mom isn't comfortable in anything that shows her ankles, and she almost wore a nice dress suit to MY wedding (which would've been more than fine with me...she wore it to other weddings instead) but ending up finding a long enough dress. If you were to ask my grandmother...she would be MORTIFIED...I had to convince her it was ok to wear a pant suit to my wedding. But no...if you're more comfortable in dressy pants...go for it! Some people look more dressed up and classier in a pant suit than some people in dresses!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010