planned parenthood

i have a question about planned parenthood. i have no ins, and i only have 1 refill on my birth control left...could i go there and get some? is there an age limit? (stupid question, i know). i REALLY dont want to get pregnant right now and dont feel comfortable JUST using condoms.

Fanta-Mommy

Asked by Fanta-Mommy at 11:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• According to the website they charge but less then private healthcare does:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/birth-control-pill-4228.htm#get

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I used to go there for BC and regular check ups when I didn't have insurance. I did have to pay for my BC but I don't think it was quite as much as it would be regularly. You can definitely get it there after having a checkup but you will have to pay. As long as you are okay with that, you should be fine!
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 11:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I believe they go off of a sliding fee scale, meaning they base it off of your income as for what they charge. Many public health offices do the same.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 11:55 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Yes you can go there.
    There is no age limit.
    However, I do believe that they will have you do a check-up before they just give you birth control...it's kinda standard procedure with them.
    I went there from age 15 until I got pregnant, then I started going to a private doctor.
    They DO go off of a sliding scale, so you can get your birth control at little or no cost.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I have always gone to Planned Parenthood because my insurance wouldn't pay for the birth control pill I take. I can only take the one kind due to issues..... Anyway, I do have insurance and did have a good paying job at the time (just couldn't afford 137.00 a month for BC) and they put me on the "donation" program. That basically means that you can go there and get your pills for free but you can offer to donate some money if you want. I will warn you though that you'll have to get a new pap and exam from them so make your appt as soon as possible to get that over with. Good luck.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 12:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• to babybreyen....if ive had one done recently, do i have to have one again? they make it so hard to get birth control, gosh. i HATE pap smears!
    Fanta-Mommy

Answer by Fanta-Mommy at 4:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• to CarolynBarnett...how do they determine this? do u bring in a pay stub? or something like that?
    Fanta-Mommy

Answer by Fanta-Mommy at 4:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Nope, no pay stub or anything, unless things have changed since I was last there. I was less than honest when I was out on my own the first couple of years...I really couldn't afford to pay anything at all, had no insurance, but i was working 2 jobs to pay for rent/bills. I was scared that I would make too much to get free health care (which looking back now was just absurd! lol) and so I lied on the paper that they have you fill out and said I only had one part time job, and they did not do anything to check how much I brought home. (I donated every time I went in though, even if it was just $5)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• And yes, even if you recently had a pap they will have you do one for them, for their records.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2008